Tuesday, February 17, 2009

3 ring circus? more like 1/2 ring circus...


Ben and I went to the circus on Sunday evening. Since we are cheap, I found "free" tickets to the circus on my one of my favorite discount websites, halfoffdepot.com. We only had to pay for shipping, which was $2.99, for a total of $6 for us to go to the circus. Normally, I would not complain about something free, or almost free, but we were really disappointed. Ben got me tickets for Valentine's day when we were dating, and ended up going two years in a row. Back then, it was a 3-ring circus, and basically just like I remembered it as kid. Now, it is more like the 1/2-ring circus. Maybe the circus has also been hit by the recession? Maybe they are cutting back due to the lawsuits alleging they are abusive to elephants? I don't know, but it was no fun. At one point, Ben suggested that maybe it was just that we remembered it better than it actually was, but we quickly decided that was not the case. Basically, there was a lot of dancing, and boring acts to fill time between the bigger acts. Oh, and the ringmaster was not a very good singer; he was loud, but no good. We left at intermission...

No comments:

Post a Comment