Thursday, February 26, 2009

So long Mr. Alarm Clock


Just as we all got settled in the bed last night, we heard this loud pop! and a flash of orange. Ben and I quickly jumped out of the bed and put the weenies on the couch.  (They can't jump off the couch!) I mentioned that I smelled some smoke, and Ben in his typical freak-out in a mini-crisis starts ripping the bed out from the wall. I clarified that I didn't think something was on fire, I just smelled something smokey. So, as Ben pulled the bed out, we found the problem. Ben has this long metal thing that he uses for some architecture purpose. It used to be under the bed, but it has these things that hang off by a string and the weenies were trying to chew them off, so it was moved behind the bed. Somehow it fell over and happened to land on the metal portion of the alarm clock plug, which was still plugged in. There are now black burned portions/indentations on both the large metal thing and the plug. Now we have to buy a new alarm clock, which we are a little sad about because it was a good clock. Anyway, maybe we should consider an alarm clock that uses batteries this time. And I'm glad that we were not responsible for the burning of 200 units in our building. 

1 comment:

  1. Those weenies better watch out before they bite off more than they can chew. I'm not worried about your alarm clock but I am about the 4 of you. Believe me I know Ben's freak out in a mini-crisis look. By the way I love the puppy video.MLG

    ReplyDelete