Thursday, June 25, 2009

In The News

There are several things in the news right now that I feel the need to comment on. (I am also bothered that I ended that sentence with a preposition, which is not grammatically correct, but oh well.) I used to love to watch the news. I don't anymore, mostly because Ben doesn't like to watch the news, but I do check ajc.com about 20 times per day. I also have several news apps on my iphone which keep me up to date while I am seeing patients. Anyway, these are my comments.

- Celebrity Deaths: Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, and then Michael Jackson. Death really does come in threes, I guess. Super weird. Sadly, all three of them have been in the news recently for not so positive things. Not really the way you want to go out. Ed McMahon had all of the foreclosure/financial troubles, Farrah's son and longtime boyfriend have been in and out of legal trouble (her son is in jail and wasn't able to be there when she died), and then MJ's molestation/Neverland ranch issues. Hillary and I were discussing how sad we are about MJ earlier this evening, and when I got off the phone Ben asked me why I felt so bad since he was a child molester. I'm not sure if I think he is a molester. I think he is just a weirdo with lots of emotional issues, which I am sure are largely due to his crazy parents. Anyway, I'm sad for all of them, and especially sad for the troubles they encountered late in life.

- Jon & Kate Plus 8: I am especially sad over this situation. I have kind of been frustrated with the show recently because I feel like it is not real anymore, with all of these guest appearances and free things (Emeril, Orange County Choppers, Crooked Houses, etc). The whole divorce thing was not surprising, but it is still sad. It seems like they have just given up! That's a lot to give up on. I hope people leave them alone for awhile so that they can work things out in their lives.

- SC Governor: What the heck?!? All of these cheater politicians!! It seems like such a common occurrence in politics. I know it happens lots with regular people, but these people are supposed to be leaders! I read that his wife has now decided to take him back, and bless her for that, because he is a really rotten person. I guess you never really know what you would do in a particular situation until you face it, but I can't imagine being so kind. I recently watched the Oprah episode where she interviewed Elizabeth Edwards and was shocked to see how she almost defended her cheater-peter husband. She has terminal cancer! Couldn't he just wait until she died?! Seriously.

- Local News - Tech Robberies: The City of Atlanta needs some major changes! The mayor is crappy. She fixed a few potholes, but I am pretty sure that there are more than what we started with at this point, and she ran the city into the ground. 10 robberies in the same area in a month timespan. That is ridiculous! We got gas on that corner where several of the robberies happened on the way to dinner tonight and there are some sketchy folks and no police over there. Somebody needs to get it together!

No comments:

Post a Comment