Thursday, June 11, 2009

Updates!

So I know I haven't updated my blog much recently. There just hasn't been much to post here. Although we have been pretty busy, I don't what we have been busy doing. Just busy! Here are some random updates:

- Cleo and Eleanor are still crazy! Eleanor has a new hobby, barking! Anytime she heard something in the hall, someone upstairs, or anything outside, she starts barking. She woke us up at 4:30 this morning barking because she heard the beer trucks unloading down at The Vortex. She also does this new bark/howl thing that is really funny. After she finishes her howl, she keeps her mouth slightly open for a second as if she is still howling. We have also started taking them to the dog walk here to pee instead of taking them outside. Taking them outside has proven to be an issue, since everyone walking by wants to pet them, distracting them from the goal of peeing. The dog walk is a lot of gravel, and Cleo hates it! She hates walking on it. The first couple of times she wouldn't even walk on the gravel. If we set her in it, she would slowly walk to us and try to get all four of her paws on our feet so she didn't have to touch it! She is still al little unsure, but it has proven to generally be successful, at least more than going out in front of the building.

- I am in my internship at the moment at a skilled nursing facility and I love it! I love the old people. They definitely make for an interesting day. I can definitely see myself working in this type of setting once I graduate. I have had somewhat of a hard time getting used to the schedule. I get up at 6:10 now, which means I now have to go to bed earlier. When I get up, so does Eleanor, so Ben has to get up now when I do. Things like this make me wish we had a separate bedroom with a door! I feel bad that Ben has to get up early now just because I do.

- My new favorite thing is the spray-on tan. I went to the tanning bed for a couple of months this year since I was in Kimberly's wedding, and because I didn't want to reflect light in Kimberly's wedding pictures. However, I know the tanning bed is really bad for me. And I need to avoid cancer causing things something serious, especially considering my family history. I tried it once and loved it, so now that's what I do. I have gotten lots of compliments on my tan! The best part is that it makes me look much darker in one visit than a month of the tanning bed.

- Ben and I have an exercising/weight dilemma. We both need to lose weight, as we both are looking increasingly more like chipmunks everyday. Getting up really early, like at 5:00, isn't an option, mostly because that is way too early, but also because I have to take my thyroid medication at least 30 minutes before I eat, and I have to eat before I go to the gym, otherwise I will pass out. Ben doesn't like to go when he gets off of work because the gym is ridiculously crowded, and I don't like to go later, like at 8:00 or 8:30, because it is just too late, and by the time I get home, I have to go to bed. I think I have decided that my solution is going to be to go the gym straight from my internship in the late afternoon. Hopefully that will work. I also ordered Gillian's 30 day shred video from amazon, so I think I will give that a try as well. She says you can lose up to 20 pounds in 30 days, which sounds great to me!

- We are halfway through our bathroom remodel! Eventually I will take some pictures and post them, but it hasn't happened yet. We will finish the bathroom after this internship is over in a few weeks. All we have left is the vanity/sink, a small amount of tiling, adding two more light fixtures, and changing the bathtub fixtures.

- Ben and I will be teaching kindergarten sunday school starting this fall, which we are really excited about.

- Ben's friend from work and his wife recently opened a new restaurant in Midtown. It is SO GOOD! I highly recommend it! Check them out at Noon Midtown.

That's all for now, or at least all that I can think of!

No comments:

Post a Comment