Thursday, September 24, 2009

changes in the loft

As promised, here are some pictures of the updates we have been working on here at the loft. We still have a little more to do, but I think our house is almost how I want it. We painted the entire main living area of the loft, meaning everything but the bathroom. We used a white with gray tint, and I really like it. For the wall behind the bed, I really wanted to do some sort of design. We didn't to paint strips because those are out now, but didn't really know what to do. Ben found a picture of something similar to this online and we really liked it. We picked out the colors and then Ben painted the whole thing by himself. I was nervous about it at first, but now I love it! 

We also got a new duvet cover to match the new colors, as tan didn't match anymore. Plus, Eleanor had chewed about 10 holes in the old duvet cover. BIG holes. 

I also cleaned off our leaning bookcase a little, so it looks much nicer. Notice the painting of Cleo and Eleanor. Hillary gave this to us for our anniversary and we love it!

This kind of shows the new paint color. 

My cleaned off bookshelf! Yay! See the empty cube on the left? That is where I want to put some sort of bowl. 


Our house is beginning to look a lot less cluttered, finally! Next project = changing the vanity in the bathroom!


post signature

1 comment:

  1. yay! i LOVE the new look...can't wait to stop by and see it!!

    ReplyDelete