Wednesday, September 23, 2009

supermarket sweep

Do y'all remember this show? I remember watching this show everyday after school with Lori. It involved three teams of two people.  It came on in the same hour with another show that I don’t remember the name of, but it has something to do with shopping. In the show, the teams answered questions about groceries. Sometimes after the contestants answered with whatever product, they had to run around the store and find the product before the timer ran out. This usually involved the contestant running around the store, up and down the aisles trying to find the box of Lipton onion soup mix with the little supermarket sweep tag on it. Sometimes they found the products, but usually not.

I thought of this show tonight as Ben and I wandered around a different Publix looking for a few items. We (I) decided to run over to West Elm because I am in search of a bowl to place on one of our newly empty shelves. They are having a sale, but of course, the two bowls I like are not on sale. Over dinner we were talking about needing to stop by Publix at some point to pick up a few things for the tailgate on Saturday. So, I suggested that we stop by the Publix in Atlantic Station next to West Elm instead of going to our home Publix. We had a short list of items to pick up. Three of the items were easy to find, but two were not. We had some trouble finding the spices and the foil baking pans. I think we walked up down the ends of the aisles, reading the signs from the ceilings. Finally, we decided to split up. I told Ben to go down one aisle, and then I would go down the next aisle and we could meet up at the end. He must have walked really fast because when I got to the end of the aisle, he was gone, so then I had to find him. He had actually found the foil pans, but of course, they didn’t have the ones we needed. I seriously felt like we were on supermarket sweep. Ben kept saying, “This Publix is weird. They have a bad set up.” I thought they did, too, but maybe we are just used to our Publix.

Well, next time I hear the beep, I’ll think of all the fun I could have on Supermarket Sweep.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. the other show was "shop 'til you drop," right?? with a mall-type setting...? i LOVED those shows, too!

    ReplyDelete