Sunday, March 1, 2009

A good day

Yesterday was supposed to be Kimberly's bachelorette party, which was basically an all day event. I got up early, headed to mawmaw's to trade cars so that I could fit everyone in the same car. On the way up there, I got a call that Kimberly had gotten sick overnight. So, we decided to do a wait and see kind of thing, but we ended up having to cancel everything. Anyway, Kimberly I'm so sorry you got sick on your bachelorette party day! Too bad you can't schedule and plan for being sick...

Due to the change in plans, I ended up spending the day with mawmaw. We went shopping and had lunch, and it was nice to spend time with her. 

Ben has his next ARE test on Monday, so he spent the day studying. Since it was nasty and we could not take the weenies out, we decided to take them to PetsMart when I got home for some exercise. Cleo met a cocker spaniel and peed on the floor. She was also determined to find her puppy class instructor, because to her PetsMart=David=treats, and we all know Cleo will do anything for a treat. 

After we got home, we had to decide on dinner. Ben likes this place Taqueria del Sol, but I went once with him and didn't love it. I am a picky eater, but I have gotten significantly better about my pickiness. Finally, I agreed to go there and give it another try for dinner and Ben promised to take me to a certain new dessert place in Atlanta. (This deserves it's own blog post because it is so exciting!) So we went to dinner, stood in line for about, oh 33 hours, and then realized that you could put your name on a list to sit on the bar, which we did and were seated quickly. The only positive part about standing in line is that you can get a margarita from the bar while you wait, and the margaritas are fabulous! We sat at the bar, ordered, got our food, and guess what? It was so GOOD. So, Ben, you were right, and now we can go there anytime. As long as I can have a tasty margarita (or 2!). 

It was fun to have a date night since we don't do that very often. After dinner, we went to the promised dessert place, which again, deserves it's own blog post. 

Anyway, I had a good day! 

1 comment:

  1. "cleo met a cocker spaniel and peed on the floor." hahahaha! kristen, i love your blog! i have never tried taqueria del sol...we should go sometime (AND have some tasty margaritas!).

    ReplyDelete