Thursday, April 23, 2009

The 3-Day

Hillary, Kala, and Robbyn are doing the breast cancer 3-day with me in October in honor of mom. We have formed a team but we need a team name. I am hoping everyone can help us pick a name by participating in the poll I set up on the right side of the page. 

A little history behind the bird theme. While mom was in the hospital, one of the plants that was sent to her had a fake pink bird in it which was named Pearl, I believe by my cousin Stacey. It was kind of a joke while mom was there. We laughed about it during mom's good moments. She told Ben she was going to give it to him for his birthday. One of her nurses, our favorite nurse she had, really liked the plant with the bird, so mom wanted her to have it. After mom died, we gave the nurse the plant, along with Pearl. Because of Pearl and the humor it brought while mom was in the hospital, I wanted the team name to be reflective of birds somehow. 

Anyway, please vote for your favorite! I have a personal favorite, but I will withhold my opinion for now. Also, I will be posting information soon about how you can help our team by donating. 

1 comment: