Wednesday, April 15, 2009

American Idol Top 7

Quentin Tarantino is there tonight. I think he has been on the show before or something, saying he was a big fan of the show. Does he have some expertise in music? I know he's a brilliant director and all, but I'm not sure that equals brilliant music advisor. But, what do I know? I like Ryan's polka dot tie tonight. Paula, I'm sorry, but I don't believe I would describe you as hot. Only two judges per performance now? That sounds great since it means we don't have to hear Paula every single time. Ok, taking it to the movies!

Allison Iraheta - I Don't Want to Miss A Thing
I don't like the beginning. At all. This is one of those songs that I got really tired of hearing, but I liked it when it came out. I didn't like this at all. It sounded like she was singing it in the wrong key or something. I know the judges liked it, but I did not. I also want to say that she sings with a lot of tension, which is not good for her vocal folds. 

Anoop Desai - Everything I do
Quentin, I'm concerned that your are giving him the wrong advice. However, I particularly enjoy this song. Even though I am 23, I listen to B98 a good bit, and I have been known to turn this one up in the car. (I might even sing along, but I don't think I can admit to that.) He sounds good tonight. He hit all of the notes! Even the big, important one. I might have to add him to the ones I would buy a cd from. Maybe. (Also, is he wearing a vest? Or a jacket? Hmm...perplexing...)

Adam Lambert - Born to Be Wild
I'm excited to see this. Wow, I like the beginning. I do not enjoy his eye makeup. He is such a good performer/entertainer! This was cool. The best so far tonight! That last note was ridiculous!! Paula, you are so full of crap. Ben is convinced that she plans out her comments in advance. I'm not so sure. 

Matt Giraud - Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman
Also excited to see this one. I like this performance. It suits his style well. He seems so much like Justin Timberlake. It didn't wow me, but it was nice. 

Danny Gokey - Endless Love
This song is slightly cheesy to me, but I'm not sure why. Hmm....not feeling this. He seems to be having some trouble hitting the quiet notes at the beginning. Eh. He did pull it together somewhat towards the end. 

Kris Allen - Falling Slowly
Oooooo......I like this a lot! He is so darn good. That was a very nice, controlled performance, so Randy, I'm going to have to disagree with you and agree with Kara on this one. This is my favorite performance tonight. And since Lil is next and the last one tonight, I think this will remain my favorite of the night. 

Lil Rounds - The Rose
Ok, so maybe she will do better with a little gospel? Long hair this week. I'm not a fan of the constant obvious hair changes. This is sounding a little better than her other performances. Pitch wise, she missed it. A lot. I really believe it is her time to go home. We shall see. 

Ok, so I loved Kris tonight. Adam's performance was cool, but not my favorite. Lil should go home. 

I am SO glad that they decided to save Matt. I think he deserves to be saved. However, I am irritated that Lil is STILL THERE? What the heck? I think she is no good at this point. I also dislike her attitude!! Anyway, as glad as I am that they saved Matt, he better be the best he has ever been next week or he and Lil both are headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment