Tuesday, April 7, 2009

American Idol, Top 8

Tonight's theme is "Songs from the year you were born." Sounds interesting! I think it sounds like a good theme. Haha - Simon's baby picture! Paula, you are not funny. Don't hate on Ryan. 

Danny Gokey - 1980 - "Stand By Me"
I'm impressed so far; the beginning is nice. Paula, please sit down. I agree with Randy, he can sing, but the arrangement was not great. This reminds me a bit of Michael Bolton or something like that, but Michael was big in the 80s right? So maybe that's a good thing. 

Kris Allen - 1985 (My birth year!) - "All She Wants to do is Dance"
I don't know this song. The girls standing around him look like they don't know it either. I agree with Kara, however, I'm glad he picked something more upbeat. Overall, not great, but I still think he is the only contestant that I would buy his cd. 

Lil Rounds- 1984 - "What's Love Got to do With It?"
So her name really is Lil. Huh. I'm excited to hear this because I like this song and I think she could sing it well. It looks like she again picked the wrong song. (Is she wearing a leather vest with braiding? Also, again, her booty is sticking out too much in that skirt.) I think she can sing really well, but I am beginning to think that maybe she doesn't know HOW to change a song to make it her own. Maybe she lacks the musical skill/knowledge to put her stamp on an original song. 

Anoop Desai - 1986 - "True Colors"
I love his parents! They are super cute. Anoop is cute, too, but I wish someone would help him get control of those overgrown eyebrows. I'm liking this so far. I think he may have missed a couple of notes in the beginning. I am distracted during his performance because I am wondering where he got that fabulous green cardigan. I really like this performance, and I am glad that the judges liked it as well. 

Scott  - 1985 - "The Search is Over"
Wow, if that is his house, his family must have some cash. He is not at the piano!! I'm proud of him for changing it up this week." This song makes me feel like it should be in some dramatic corny movie. Scott is a good singer, but I am just bored with him for some reason. I think he should go home some; he just is not as strong as the other contestants. 

(Did anyone else see Paula's teeth while she is giving him comments? She smiles really big and there is pink lipstick on at least 4 of her front teeth.)

Allison Iraheta - 1992 - "I Can't Make You Love Me"
Her mom has a rip-off Burberry scarf. I am not a fan of rip-off items. Anyway, I LOVE this song. In fact, I downloaded it on iTunes recently. Her outfit does not complement the song at all. She sang that well, however. I agree with Simon, her personality is a little strange. Anyway, she did a good job on that song. 

Matt Giraud - 1985 - "Part Time Lovers"
I am liking this, and his hat. Wow! That was really good. Definitely my favorite so far tonight!

Adam Lambert - 1982 - Hmmm...my DVR just cut off. Well, I don't know what he sang, but I'm sure it was probably good. 

This was not an overly exciting night on American Idol. Anyway, my bottom three predictions are:
Scott
Lil
Kris/ Danny?

3 comments:

  1. I am thinking Scott will go home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish someone would help him get control of those overgrown eyebrows

    Me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from BooMama - Hello!
    I enjoyed your post. It is fun reading everyone else's opinions! I LOVE Danny and would like for him to win, but I'm afraid he is really going to have to step it up or Adam will take this. NOT an Adam fan, AT ALL! Tonight I think Scott is in trouble.

    ReplyDelete