Tuesday, April 21, 2009

American Idol Top 7 (Round 2)

Disco is the theme tonight. I don't love disco, so we will see how it goes. Two go home tomorrow, so everyone should be at their best this evening. 


Lil Rounds - I'm Every Woman
Lil, Lil, Lil...Either you or your stylist is having some trouble with your clothing selections. This jumpsuit thing does nothing for butt; in fact, it makes it look quite large. Also, another hair change, which I am not a fan of. I still don't love her. It was karaoke-ish to me. I really can't believe that she is still here. I know she is frustrated because the judges never really like what she does, but again, I don't think she knows how to be an original, or an "artist." I'm not sure how she can even defend herself at this point. Anyway, I REALLY hope she goes home tomorrow. 

Kris Allen - She Works Hard For The Money
Nice explanation of the song choice. (?) I love the percussionists on stage, as well as the guitar. He really changed up this song, and I love it! I think his ability to alter the song to his style shows his musical skill and talent. I think I might even download this on i-Tunes! 

Side note - It looks like we are back to all four judges commenting on the performances. 

Danny Gokey - September
I like this song. He sang it well. It was a good, average performance to me. It was not bad by any means, but it was not especially memorable either. I do enjoy his dancing, however.  It appears that Kara and I agree. I think Simon said it perfectly, there was no "star power" there, nothing that made him special. 

Allison Iraheta - Hot Stuff
That's a heck of an outfit. I don't believe I care for it. She can definitely sing and perform well. I didn't love this arrangement of this song, personally. Apparently Randy and I agree. Oh, and Kara! 

Adam Lambert - If I Can't Have You
I'm interested to see how he has "tweaked" this one, as he said. He is an amazingly talented singer/artist. I like how he has chosen a good mixture of songs over the course of the season. (Umm, is Paula fake crying?) That was fabulous. I don't want to like him, but he is just so darn good. (Paula just used the word "visceral." I'm surprised that this word is in her vocabulary.)

Matt Giraud - Stayin Alive
He better be awesome tonight if he wants to stay for next week. Hmm....I like this. It fits his JT style well. I really like him, but I'm not sure this was enough to save him. It was not spectacular. 

Anoop Desai - Dim The Lights? (I missed the title of the song.)
Oooo....I didn't like that at all. The arrangement was definitely bad. He also missed a couple of notes, including one at the end. I also must say that I like his clothing, but not the shoes. He has scruffiness on his face tonight, which he has not had before. I want him to do well, but that was not great. Did Ryan just make a comment about his eyebrows? Hmm...maybe he read my blog. 

My favorite was Kris, with Adam close behind. 
Bottom 3:
Matt
Anoop
Lil 

4 comments:

  1. My daughter commented on Anoop's eyebrows two weeks in a row. Maybe she is reading your blog, too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crap, I missed the eyebrow comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. I don't want to like Adam (he just seems weird) but he can sing!

    ReplyDelete