Friday, August 21, 2009

Date Night!

Ben loves going to the movies. Me, not so much. I like to watch movies, but I hate having to pay ($19!!) for us to go, plus I can get very antsy. I always have to go to the bathroom about 30 minutes into the movie. I generally prefer to wait until I can just rent the movie and pause it whenever I feel like doing so. Ben has really been wanting to go to the movies recently, and I wanted to see Julie & Julia, so we agreed to go tonight. 

The movie times were 7:25, which was a bit early for us, or 10:something, which would be way to late for my grandma self. I picked Ben up from work, brought him a change of clothes. We headed over to California Pizza Kitchen at Atlantic Station because I had a 20% coupon. It's not my favorite restaurant, but it is usually a reliable good meal. After dinner we went to the theater at Atlantic Station. We got there a few minutes early, so I spent some time playing pac-man and hangman on my phone. The previews finally started, and there are two movies coming out soon that look good, The Blind Side with Sandra Bullock, and Did You Hear About The Morgans? I'm not sure I would pay $19 to go see them, but they do look good. There were two other previews of movies that seemed pretty disturbing. 

Anyway, back to the movie. Just as the movie got started, my nose completely stopped up. As in I couldn't get any air to go in or out. So I became a mouth breather, which is really frustrating. (I seem to have caught a cold from my therapy kids in the first week of my internship. Oh the germs!) The theater we went to is really nice, and they have these seats that rock a little. About half-way through the movie, I feel feet on the back of my chair and then my chair move. I ignored it. Then I felt someone moving their feet around on my chair again, making the chair rock more. I knew there wasn't a kid back there. Then it happened a third time, so I asked Ben to look through the seats behind us to determine if someone had their feet propped up on my chair, and sure enough they did. I was debating whether I should say something, and then you know what? It happened AGAIN! At this point, I turned around and poked my head through the hole between the chairs and politely said "Hey! Can you take your feet off my chair? It's making my chair move," which was then met with blank stares by the guy with the shifty feet and his girlfriend. Hmm...I know, I'm the crazy one. Why wouldn't I want someone's feet constantly moving all over the back of my chair causing my chair to move? I only paid $19, right?

Not long after confronting Mr. Shifty Feet, my nose miraculously cleared up. I could breathe through it again! I think it was a sign. I'm not sure what for, but a sign nonetheless. From then on, everything was pleasant. The movie was very good; Exactly the kind of movie I like to see. After the movie, we went to Kilwin's, where I got a caramel and pecan covered pretzel. It was a sweet end to a good night!

2 comments:

  1. I HATE paying to go to the movies just to have a bad experience. And I can't stand when people put their feet up on the back of my chair. :) As someone with spinal damage, it is especially painful and annoying. Once we asked a young man to quit kicking the seat and his grandfather stood up in the movie and started cussing us out, saying that if the "child" wanted to kick the seat so that he could enjoy the movie THEY paid for then we had no right to ask him to stop. Someone else went and complained about the man and he and the "child" aren't allowed in the movie theater there anymore. :o)

    Glad your date night ended well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I love movies. I can't tell you how much we spent on movies back in the day before kids, but now we have a friend that works there who gets us in. We use to buy the entertainment book and get discounted movie coupons and that saved us a pretty penny... I know what you mean!

    Glad you had a good time though! DATE nights are the best. Never stop dating! ;)

    ReplyDelete