Monday, August 10, 2009

What I'm Reading: Everyone Worth Knowing


I bought this book about a year ago with the intention to read it during my short summer break, but then everything with mom happened and I never got to read it as planned. I've said this before, but I have to force myself to not read during the semester because I end up reading instead of doing school stuff. I took this to the beach with me over the weekend. I bought it because I found on sale for $5 and because it is written by the same author who wrote The Devil Wears Prada. It turned out to be a good beach read. It wasn't really about anything of substance, but I enjoyed it. Basically, this girl goes to college at Emory, takes a banking job in NYC because it will pay the bills, but she ends of hating the job and quits after a few years. Through her uncle's connections as an entertainment writer, she gets a job at a PR firm that deals with all the biggest celebrities and socialites. The book basically details her experiences through her job, including all of the craziness/activities in which the wealthy participate. There were a few things that I was somewhat uncomfortable about, such as drug use, and some sex things that I would rather not read about, but it never got anywhere near anything graphic. The main character doesn't get involved in any of this, just details the participation of those she represents. I'm sure that it is, unfortunately, an accurate representation of the activities of some of the wealthy. Overall, I enjoyed the book. I will probably buy another of her books if I happen to find it on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment