Monday, August 17, 2009

Kim's Shower

On Saturday, Kim, one of my friends from grad school, had a wedding shower. It was at a cute tea room in Woodstock. It was very girly, just like a wedding shower should be! I went with Kimberly, another friend from grad school. I know, they have the same name. It confuses the heck out of me at times, but I try to always call one of them Kim and one of them Kimberly to keep it straight. 

Kim can be quite humorous, and she can make the funniest faces. 

How about this funny face? As soon as I took this picture, I looked at it and laughed out loud. (Don't worry - I told her I was putting this on my blog!)

I made her hold up the towels I got her. 

This one is just cute. 

This photo is Kimberly, Kim, and then me. Please ignore my chunky-munky arms. I thought about having Ben photoshop them so that they would look smaller, but decided against doing so. I never understood why my mom thought she had fat arms (she didn't like to wear sleeveless clothing) until now. I have them as well and now I totally understand. 


We were served some kind of berry tea and some little tea pastries and sandwiches. I bypassed the sandwiches in favor of the cute little desserts, obviously not helping the arm situation. I wanted to take pictures of the table and food, but I was a little unsure of how the nice older ladies at my table would respond to that decision. I thought trying to explain the whole blog thing was a little more than I was interested in explaining at the time. 

It is fun to go to girly activities like a shower every now and then.  She is getting married the weekend before Christmas and I have always wanted to go to a Christmas wedding. I had a great time and can't wait for the wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment