Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What I'm Reading: The Shack


For some time, I have heard a lot of hype about this book, so I have been interested to read it. Although the story did not sound especially interesting to me, I wanted to check it out to see why everyone thought it was so good. We have had a copy for a while, but I have not had time to read it. Last week when we went on our mini vacation, I brought it with me to read. 

I had some trouble getting into the book. I know that some books are slow to start, but this one has just been slow all the way through so far. I have read about half of the book. I can't figure out what the hype is all about! I think it is an interesting, modern take on God/trinity and how God reveals himself to people, but it is just a little weird. And drawn out. And generally disappointing. I will finish the book because I don't like to not finish something, but I'm not too excited about it!

Have any of you read this book? What did you think about?

No comments:

Post a Comment