Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A glimpse at life in a few years


Monday morning I got to watch my niece for a couple of hours while her mama got some things done. Ben and I watched her together several months ago while her parents went to dinner, and things didn't exactly go smoothly. She had not been around us much at that point, so she was a little freaked out. 

This time around went much better! She has been around us a good bit since they moved back to Atlanta, so she did really well. Once I brought her inside our house, she took a few minutes to warm back up to Cleo and Eleanor. After that, she was on a roll the rest of the time. I couldn't get her to slow down! I tried to get her to read a book or sing "The Wheels on the Bus," but she apparently had more important things on her agenda, like redecorating. She was particularly interested in the Pottery Barn Kids catalog. She also played with the weenies, inspected our file cart, and looked at a magazine. I had other goals for her, including two word phrases. 


She likes to laugh when other people laugh, so here she is laughing because I am laughing.
Inspecting the floor. 

This is while she is looking at the Pottery Barn catalog. 

It was lots of fun! We are so glad they are back in Atlanta now so that we can spend more time with Mattie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment