Saturday, July 4, 2009

We Made It

Ben and I successfully completed our first Peachtree Road Race this morning. We were in the fourth time group, which is pretty good. We started just before 8:00 this morning, so it was still relatively cool. We jogged on and off most of the way, except for at the end. Considering I did ZERO training for this, I am impressed with myself! The best part is that about half of the people walk the whole race, except for the last .2 miles or so, when about 90% of the people start running like they have been running the entire race. I guess they want to finish strong, right? Most of those people looked like they were about to pass out after they crossed the finish line. We are a little disappointed that the shirt is plain white. We were hoping for something a little more exciting! The design on the shirt is nice, however. 

Ben's parents came out to watch us, even though we didn't see them as we walked past them. We met them back at our house after the race and went to lunch together at the Vortex. Nothing like a post-race grilled cheese and coke zero! 

Anyway, we had lots of fun and hopefully we will do it again next year!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Great job Kristen and Ben. I'm impressed and with no training! Happy 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I want to run it next year. It is my goal to get back into pre-baby shape.

    ReplyDelete