Friday, July 24, 2009

SHOW US YOUR LIFE - Wedding Dress

Through blog hopping, I have found a nice lady's blog in Arkansas that I like to read. Every Friday she has been doing a home tour. Each week features a new room in the house, and everyone who participates puts pictures of that specific room on their blog and then links it to hers. Although I read many of the blogs relating to the home tour, I never posted my own, mostly because we live in a studio that does not have separate rooms. Now the home tour is over and the topic has changed to Show Us Your Life - Weddings. Every Friday for the next several weeks, the topic will focus on specific details of the wedding. This week is the wedding dress. I decided to participate because, well, I have one of those! I also think it will be fun for me since these few weeks are leading up to our 2 year anniversary. 

(As I am typing this, there is a segment on the Today Show about "Waitie Katie" and whether Prince William will propose soon. I bet that will be a heck of a wedding dress!)

Anyway, back to my own dress! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my wedding dress. I searched and tried on so many wedding dresses. Finally, I found the website of a bridal boutique in Virginia Highlands, LaRaine's Bridal Boutique. I figured I probably would not be able to afford anything in there, but wanted to give it a try anyway. I also found a dress on the website that I really liked, as it was completely different from anything I had tried on, but also thought it would be too expensive. So I went with my mom and my grandmother, and discovered that it was definitely not too expensive. The dress on the website was even better in the store, and once I tried it on, I knew that was the one! 


This is the back of my dress just before I put it on. 

This is one of my favorite pictures from our wedding. 
During the ceremony...a side view of the dress. 
I had to include my shoes in the post, because they are so fabulous. I am a big Kate Spade fan, so I had to have Kate Spade Wedding Shoes. Here are my shoes with sweet little flower girl's feet. 
That is all for today! Check out Kelly's Korner for more dresses. 

3 comments:

  1. i love this, kristen! i LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress as well!! it's honestly the best dress ever...i'm so glad you found it. you were a BEAUTIFUL bride!

    also, i just noticed...in your "favorite" picture above, i can see your mom and ben's dad looking on as you two are walking back down the aisle. i love their expressions! congrats on 2 years!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, this is my favorite dress I've seen on the tour. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dress. I love all the tiers. And an outdoor wedding to boot -- love it!

    ReplyDelete