Tuesday, March 31, 2009

American Idol Top 9

I saw this on another blog and I really enjoyed it, so I thought I would give it a try. Every week I will post my take on all of the performances for that week. This week the theme seems to be pick your song. This should be interesting!

Anoop Desai- I like Anoop. I think he looks like my friend Kala's brother, just the Indian version. However, I don't think he is quite cool enough to pull of an Usher song. I don't think this song is going to make him stand out by any means. So, overall, I am not feeling this performance. HAHA Kara! I totally agree. It looks like he is a frat boy dared to sing an Usher song. 

Megan Joy- Bob Marley? Really? I am not so sure about this. I liked her voice at first, but I am now tired of it. I am also convinced that she has some sort of vocal fold pathology. Anyway, I do not like this performance AT ALL. I think it is time for her to go home. 

Side note: Kara is by far the best judge. I am glad they added her this season. I still love Simon, though.

Danny Gokey - I don't love this song (What Hurts the Most) but I think he can probably sing it well. I think it is just a boring song. He did sing it well, in my opinion, but it was still boring. Not necessarily a memorable performance to me. So, Simon, I am going to have to disagree with you on this one. (By the way, his family/friends are holding a sign that says "Go Go Gokey." Can you come up with something better than that?)

Allison Iraheta - Ben and I don't really like this girl for some reason that we are unable to identify. But I love this song! (Don't Speak by No Doubt) Her hair style makes me think about that bird at the beginning of the Monster Plantation ride at Six Flags. I think this was a good performance. Ben says "Well, she ain't no Gwen Stefani." I agree with Ben. Randy, thanks for calling out that crazy outfit.

Scott MacIntyre - Let me start out by saying that I think it is time for Scott to go. I don't think he can win playing something on the piano every.single.darn.week. (Does he have a mullet tonight?) That's what Stevie Wonder does though , right? So maybe he can. He did a very nice job with this song, however. He seems like he should be playing at motivational conferences to me. He's just so darn nice!

Matt Giraud - He sang "Let's Get It On" last week and it was fabulous. This started out a little rough. He's in the middle of the audience! That's exciting, at least for those audience members. I think this is really interesting. He can definitely hit the high notes. His voice sounds very gruff and raspy to me. Overall, I am a little disappointed. I think he is really good, but this song/performance didn't do the trick. 

Lil Rounds - Whoa! A wig! I don't know about that. The camera just got her from the side and her dress, while nice, is way too tight on her rear-end. That girl can sing, she never seems to pick the right song. She seems to scoot on through every week. Her kids are super cute! Awww, the one with Randy is so sweet!

Adam Lambert - He was also fabulous last week. He seems like he is a good musician. I think he is probably the best performer this season. He looks like Elvis with that slicked back hair. He was very good, the best so far tonight by far, in my opinion. 

Kris Allen- "Ain't No Sunshine"- I really like him. He is the only one that I could see myself buying a cd from this season. I also like that he can play instruments while he is singing. His performance was very good. The last two performances were by far the best of the night. 

Bottom 3: Anoop, Megan, Lil Rounds

We will see tomorrow!





5 comments:

  1. Hi Kristen,

    I saw you over at BooMama's and I had comment. I'm so happy to have found another Adam fan. I feel like most people I come across hate him for various reasons. I wasn't crazy about tonight's performance, but this is the first week I can say that. I even loved his rendition of Ring of Fire.

    Anyway - just had to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me some Adam, but Kris killed it tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vocal folds, raspy voice, sounds like a SLP evaluation to me. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha! You're the only person so far that has noticed what I noticed about Lil's dress. Um... girls that have booties should not wear dresses that are thin and wrap tightly at the butt. uh,uh, girl!

    And I love Kara too - and lots of other people are annoyed by her. Not sure what's up with that.

    ReplyDelete